Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I learned with blogging


This school year, we were asked twice in two different courses to create a blog and share to the world our ideas. Blogging might look like an extra task to some but I think blogging gave me a different kind of learning experience.

Here are some of the things I got from the few months of blogging.

Blogging = Learning
Blogging encouraged me to read new things to share to people. I agree that is important to keep a theme on our blog; however, it doesn’t mean that we need to be talking about the same topic all the time. When we blog, we should try to continuously learn about things that are interesting to us and to others.

Blogging = Filtering
When we blog, we should know how to pause. Since everything is just within our fingertips, we might have the tendency to just spill out the beans. Blogging taught me to take a moment before pressing publish, to know whether what I typed down is what I want the public to get from me.

Blogging = Practice
The most important thing I got from blogging is constant practice. Blogging gave me an avenue to work on my writing skills. It made me realize that there are still so many things to learn, especially about grammar.

I enjoy blogging. Even though blogging takes about one hour of my time each week, blogging gives me benefits that are worth spending my hour for.

Word count = 243


0 comments:

Post a Comment