Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When planning is not an option


Starting a business should involve tremendous amount of planning. Investing in a business is not like signing up for a crash course. You can’t just back out anytime you want, and still look good. Before starting a business venture, you must take time to measure risks, plan your resources, and assess even your personal strengths and weaknesses.

Investing in a business involves more than putting in your money for something. You should be mentally, physically and emotionally prepared for the business.

This week is our submission of our business plan for our Freelance business management class. When I was doing it, I felt like if it was a real business, I will probably take months before actually completing the plan. It is my money and effort that I am putting in so I want everything to be perfect, or at least planned for. Since it was a sole proprietorship that we prepared for, the project felt like a personal assessment of my strengths and weakness, and how I plan to market myself so I can have an income.  
Some may say nothing usually comes out according to plan. I would say that that’s why we need a plan. 

Planning prepares us even for the worst times. Creating a business plan is never an option; this is a must for all businesses. Nothing would be worst than going out for battle without a weapon. Business plans are businessman’s weapons. Make one if you plan to join the business sector’s battle. 

Word count: 249

0 comments:

Post a Comment